Funny travel Stories #1

Hey Guys, 
I think I should start sharing with you all my funny traveling stories and bloopers from now on, because while traveling they happen to everyone. Therefore, as being one of those travelers that has a funny fact/story to share, today I wanna start with my todays funny story!!! 

I was up the other day since 4:45, I had bad and got dress. Thomas drove and left me at the train station and then, he drove back home to sleep until he needed to go to work. From the train station of Mainz I took the train to Frankfurt Airport, where I went to receive my Godmother who speaks no German, but Spanish. My job was to make sure she arrived save and to help her buy a train ticket to drive all the way south Germany where my cousin, her daughter, would be waiting for her arrival. So,I did! I succeeded on my day purpose. 

Now I find myself sat on my computer, remembering what happened to me that day and laughing, because I did not only succeeded by doing my simple task. I can say I over succeeded on it! 
My Godmother came to Germany with the next items:
  • one BIG/HUGE luggage, 
  • Her heavy -tiny hand luggage, 
  • Her personal item (purse) 
  • And some plastic bags with glass bottles of “Rum Brugal” - that came directly from the Dominican Republic, the country I come from. 
She was so heavy, that she needed someones help to be able to travel as so for her age and strengh, it was too much to move by herlsef, because even for me to travel so full like that wont ever happen!!! Therefore, I assisted her with all her stuff, we went to the train Office, bought her a train ticket, then we had an early coffee together, and so I waited with her by the train platform about 30 minutes until her train arrived. 

When trains arrived it does not means that the reserve wagon will stop right in front of you. All the way around, it means you need to find your wagon number, and so find inside this long wagons, which is your reserved number sit. However, let me be very detail in this case:
  1. The train arrive and you need to find you wagon number that did not stop right in front of you.
  2. Lot of people are usually getting off the trains
  3. You need to get on the train, but you have so many heavy items to assist with to someone else - in my case my godmother. 
  4. You struggle with the luggage weight and someone else you don’t know helps you put it up
  5. You realized you entered on the back side, so your sit might be far
  6. You need to get down again, and explain by shutting to your Godmother that does not speaks German to see walking to the fron of the wagon and look for the numbers upper the sits
  7. You are running out of the train toward the from doors of the wagon to jump inside again, but you forgot how heavy was the big luggage, so again you are struggling to put that luggage up - this time no one helped you!
  8. You made it up, but your god mother is not on the wagon, when you realized she cross to the frontier wagon from the inside doors, because she couldn’t find her sit number. 
  9. I needed to left behind that big luggages, cross through the doors and scream her to come back that is not that way. 
  10.  Finally she is back, I show her he sit, take the other tiny luggage and put them outside the sitting area of the wagons, because the alley are so tiny that only one person can pass - or two by pushing each other.
  11. so, she calls you and ask you when I need to get of, you answered her again, even you already left her a phone alarm set and then the doors are closing.
  12. While the doors are closing you ran fast to them, however, it was too late and you stay stock inside the train, which starts moving seconds after
  13. Panic starts and you have to run and cross about 5 wagons to find an agent to help you and explain him what just happened to you, to avoid to get a fine, and look for alternatives to you.
All that happened to me in 5 minutes which normally was the time stop of the train until he departs again. The wagon reservation was number 35, and so in front of us stands #32 know you have an idea of distance of the fast train wagons in Germany, called ICE. To all this less not forget, when you are inside, there are also other people entering in front of you, who are not running by the time pressure, and putting their items secure, which on an airport common is people also have luggage and not only you. So they are not all running right, they are also looking for their sits, and even taking their  winter jackets off - at that time of the morning on spring Germany is still cold and windy. Of course, know you can understand that the people are taking their time, while Edith’s minutes are counting down. Therefore, I stayed stock for the first time inside a train - and I just can keep laughing on my desk remembering that day.  

There is my FUNNY fact of today: I STAY STOCK on a TRAIN for the first time in my life, and I was not willing to travel that day so far. I try to find this inside train bottoms, which are used to call and agent for help, but the train did not had one, or at least I couldn’t find no way to be assisted… That’s way I was running inside to all directions to try to find one of those agents which are checking the tickets, before they found me. 

I mentioned I ran about 4 or maybe 5 wagons until I found an agent checking the tickets of the passengers. He was attending some men on the VIP lounge area of the train, where the people from economy - like me - are not supposed to sit. He saw I was exhausted and looking straight at him as I needed help. I had to interrupt him,  we moved together to a side where less people was on the bar/launge to speak and so, I explained him my situation. That for my BIG luck  he was on a good mood for listening to me and understood what just happened. He was of course not happy, but neither was rude, like had happened to me before with some other agents on trains before, whom sometimes do not even take time to listen to you, and just puts you a cute high fine.   

Of course, he made some questions, like they always do, because maybe they do not believe  you. To all this I had no clue about where the journey of that train would take me. Therefore, he assisted me well and told me that the next stop would be Mannheim - far enough for me - and so that I needed to get off there and of course to buy a ticket back to Mainz - closer to home. Normally, from Mainz I have my available & already payed ticket to use public transportation on my region. I thanked the agent and went back to my Godmother, where another agent was coming on the other direction towards me. I had to explain this that I had already explained my specific problem to the other agent behind me, that please speak with him, if any case, because I had no ticket. 
Finally I kept walking to my Godmother and sat with sat until the trains stopped on Mannheim. We were laughing about what just happened and so we called Thomas to explain my day adventure. Thomas was just laughing about me and suggested me then to stay in Mannheim as I had by luck free day and I could make a walking tour around the city. 

However, the weather that day was so awful - gray, windy and even raining with thunders - that I preferred to go back to Mainz,. My drive from Mannheim to Mainz took about one (1) hour and 20-30 minutes in the company of my bag with a boy of Rum Brutal Dominicano. Once in Mainz, I decided say had to a friend of mine who works in a Ice cream cafe. I just saw her working and enjoyed a Mocca ice cream flavor ball, and then drove back home. Once I arrived home I just remember I was wet, and looked like a wet chicken, when you throw and shake them inside water. thats how I looked. I was definitely not prepare for rain, so I had no umbrella. 


Comments