First Time in Europe

My first time in Europe was on 2009, when I came to visit my sister, Edgi, while she worked and studied in London, U.K. I spent about 7-8 weeks of that summer. Which for my not so much luck, was not so sunny in London, but it rained every single day at least slowly, plus the days tend to be always grey. However, I had one of the best moments of my life during this trip. 
We did not only where in London, but also, she took me to Cambridge, Oxford, We spent bath for my birthday in of July and visit some. of the place where the movie Harry Potter was recorded.

While in London, I had the opportunity to see some other countries of Europe, like: Belgium, as the boyfriend of my sister who now is her husband, is from there. He I had the opportunity to try there such amazing waffles, ice cream shops, there thousands of breads, many different beers I have never seen, learned from their culture, as also to visit around Belgium, cities like: Brussels, De panne, Veurne, Bruges and many other at the moment can't pop on my head as "easy names" they do not have. 

We went to Paris, France. In here one of my best friends came to share the trip with us, Edgar. My sister, Karl the husband, Edgar and I were having a tour given by Karl on bike all around Paris, and to be honest I do not dislike Paris, but after so many thing I heard, as I have seen many other beautiful places, and I am not so much into cities, I did not felt so connected with Paris as I Did with London, or how I feel now after leaving in Germany, thanks to the such rich nature all around it from north to south.

During this same trip we visit Amsterdam, in The Netherlands. Another beautiful city, even not country I found it so romantic with all the canal, people going around them through the canal, this lovely architecture, similar to Belgium little towns, like another Bruges located up northern Europe. The real thing I think I am more into tinier town. 

Since this first trip around Europe, I was so in love and convinced that the Europe I knew, was the right place for me. I felt such a connection to this continent I have never felt on any other travel I did on my entire-short life. Believe me, I have been traveling constantly since I was inside my mom's belly, yearly once or twice. Nonetheless, it was not until I had to depart from London Heathrow airport, to travel back to the Dominican Republic, when for the first time in my life I started crying like a baby when is losing his breath. All happened just because I had to leave Europe right on that moment when the plane starts running. 
While on the plane I made lot of thinking, about how my heart felt through those nine to ten hours flight. I felt bit empty, I felt a big part of my was left behind - not only saying that my sister  someone really important for me had to stay there - but also how I felt so in home, or where I wanted to see my future life to be. Therefore, I knew I would come back to Europe, not for vacations, but for living. 

I never quit on my dream, I never worried on how I would make them happen, how much time it would take me, neither I set a time to myself, I just kept my dream, I kept living my normal life in Dominican Republic, and just went I felt ready to make the big jump, I knew I would do it. on the way long, I felt insecure sometimes, as any other human being, I felt scared, I maybe not even had it in mind or I had lost me focused. Thanks to my sister, who has been my Guardian Angel, and her thousand Sermons all the time she though it was needed, I kept my head up and kept fighting until I made them come true. 
When I look back on how the journey was, I just feel so proud of myself. I settled many goals to my own since early 2006 and every other added one, have today become true one by one. for what is better, they came true right in the exact moment of my life they should and I was prepared to take them all and hug them to not let them go.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that many people have the opportunity to learn to see life, and trust themselves the way I have learned with to trust in my own decision and life. 

Comments