We met on Lovoo, a Dating App

"I saw pictures of her in Lovoo and I was already fascinated with her beauty. I decided to write her to meet her. However, I think I might have scared her, as she showed me no interest at all" - Thomas

Sure enough, who writes at you on a meeting APP that "We will meet, fall in love and then marry". Thats exactly what Thomas wrote me while chatting through this App called "LOVOO" and of course, I took as a joke coming from anyone on this crazy/sexual/dating apps.
Here is the thing, I had this app on my phone for about two years while living in Germany, and before I met Thomas. However, I had really no interest at all to use the APP for meeting /dating people through it, but mostly to be able to chat in German and learn new words. 

Due to my single life and long time without a good relationship, as I never had one, neither a real relationship with a man. Yeah, that's right! All my "relationships/Dates" tries where a disaster of existence and emotions for me, as so the last one which lasted one month. I got real attached to a very good and amazing human being and his family. Nonetheless, this almost real and perfect one needed to end, as thing in his life/family didn't allow him to put time into a relationship at that moment. Therefore, he decided to end it and not hurt me or himself. 
I must say, he is a very respectful and wonderful man, and if he gets to read this, I want him to know I admire his decision, I wish all the luck in your life, as I hope you and your family are doing well. 
This just happened about two months and half before I met Thomas. Therefore, I was refusing to meet someone new, because I felt not ready to start something and I could only hurt someone who tries to enter in your life. I had also no interest to meet people through and App, at least not this way. I didn't trust that good relationships could come from an dating application, as for me I called "normal ways" of meeting people through friends, in university or going out. For instance, none of these "normal ways" ever worked for me. 

Those two months, I went away with to my sister new house in Bruges, to help her on the renovations of it, as an Architect I am. It was a moment for me to be away from my German life, to concentrate on finishing my master thesis project, to heal my heart, and to find again my focus in life. After the two months ended, I came back to Germany to be ready for my final thesis presentation, and graduated. It was the week right before presenting my thesis, when I was boring around Darmstadt - the city I used to live, while my studies - when I had nothing to do but streaming movies on my bed. By that moment, I was being pushes by a friend and my family to meet people from the app. My friend, Alvaro, a 38 years old man, married and with 4 adorable kids who called me Auntie, took my phone and told me to meet three guys he would select for me from the Lovoo app, where Thomas was the first one. Let's be serious, Thomas was stressing for a while to meet in person, but I told him like to all the ones I chatted during these 2 years that I had no interest, and that Lovoo was only a platform for me to learn and write German. 

The time of meeting Thomas arrived. I let him know we could meet, so he said right away about meeting later that day. It was Sunday 5th September 2016, at first hours in the morning after you wake up before lunch time. I did mention on our very first post that our relationship went way too fast, but at the end just perfect - You haven't read it clic here
Taking back the date, around 5pm when I was getting ready to meet him, Thomas cancelled me, because of some family issues he was needed by his brother and told me he was really sorry. Next two days, I had two more dates to go. Tuesday guy was nice, and third guy too. We went to cafes, chat and laugh, nothing more. If anyone of you knows Couchsurfing that when you travel you go on meeting and meet new people, that's how this felt for me, as a Couchsurfer member I am. 
During these days, Thomas was writing, telling me how sorry he was, insisting to please meet and give him a chance as he knew I was a bit mad. My answers were bit indifferent or that I couldn't meet him as I was busy - today he knows the trues, but I told him that many months later, surely before we married. As, for my 38 y.o. friend, who seated me these three dates, he told me to give Thomas a chance, so I did, hoping this time he does not cancel me again - that would be his last chance.  

Our very first picture together & Meeting day
Wednesday 7th, September was that day I gave Thomas a chance and as he hasn't ever been in Darmstadt, I decided to spontaneity give him a whole afternoon/night walk around town. I was as he calls, his private and nice tour guide. We started in Orangerie, the park closed to where I used to live, we passed by the ice cream shop D'Carlo, until we cover almost the Hot spots of town, ending with him giving me a short ride home, from where he had park his car, and a kiss.
Since that day all has being like a shooting star. A week after meeting for his birthday, 15th September, Thomas asked me to be his Girlfriend, less than a month later to be his wife, and so we travel to my home country Dominican Republic to meet my family and make it formal. 
We are today a happy married couple, who works hard to pursue their dreams together, making memories and traveling as much as we can. 

Comments

Unknown said…
So melted...melted...
How cute you both...😍